Emotionless LS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under Construction

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RDM Dynamis Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ledant

RDM Dynamis Guide Empty
PostSubject: RDM Dynamis Guide   RDM Dynamis Guide EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:01 am

**Guide by Fuuko of the Garuda Server**

Red Mage is quite possibly the most important job in Dynamis, with Black Mage beating it or tieing for a close second. With good Red mages taking care of all the little things, a shell should rarely ever wipe.

Things You Should Be Doing:

1. SLEEPS
This is the most important job for Rdm in ALL of Dynamis. Every Red Mage in the entire shell should Focus on sleeping Avatar's ASAP, and keeping them asleep.

Sleeping is primarily a RDMs job, not the BLMs' job. This is because sleepga 2 (and horde lullaby for BRDs) will lead to all the mobs waking up at the same time and going after one person. It's more efficient and safer to single target sleep mobs whenever possible.

Be sure not to sleep the mobs too close to where they pop, to avoid links. Wait for them to come back to the group before sleeping.

If you see something slept with sleep 1, you can overwrite it with sleep 2 to keep it slept longer. I especially recommend this for avatars!!

I have a macro with both sleep 2 and sleep 1 in it so that I can immediately cast both spells on incoming mobs and if sleep 2 is not ready yet, it goes to sleep 1. If anyone is interested in this, I'd be happy to share.

As a general tip, RDMs should stand at the front of the group so they can sleep incoming mobs.

Be sure to be looking out for mobs as they wake up. Re-sleeping mobs as they wake up is your priority (Don't wait for the BLMs to cast sleepga2), along with silencing them, which is covered next!

2. Silence
An equally important role of a Rdm in Dynamis is to silence all spell casters and Bst job, pets.

MAGE MOBS

A Sleepga II from a Blm mob can wipe the entire shell, especially our tarus, same for a Bad timed AGA III Nuke. Whm mobs can curaga waking the entire group, banishga III, cast buff's. Red Mage's chainspell can be dangerous, and they have annoying Bio III. Pld and DRk mob's should be silenced but they are not on the same level on importance as the first 3.

Black Mage Mobs / White Mage Mobs / Red Mage Mobs

Quadav:
Vanguard Thaumaturge / Vanguard Constable / Vanguard Protector

Yagudo:
Vanguard Prelate / Vanguard Priest / Vanguard Visonary

Goblin:
Vanguard Shaman / Vanguard Alchemist / Vanguard Enchanter

Orc:
Vanguard Mesmerizer / Vanguard Amputator / Vanguard Vexer

Hydras and Demons are self-explanatory

If you don't know NM's jobs, they are listed in the posts that I made previously for each zone, so please check them out as well.

DRK and PLD mob names can also be found in posts for each zone.

Also needing to be silenced are the Beast Master's Pet's, this is VERY important, as they all have a bad Aoe which they like to spam.

Beast Master & Pet
Quadav: Vanguard Beasttender: Scorpion (AOE Breakga/Petrify)
Yagudo:Vanguard Ogresoother : Crow (AOE Silence)
Goblin:Vanguard Pathfinder : Slime (AOE paralyze, very potent)
Orc: Vanguard Hawker : Hetcaeye (AOE Dispel. Rdm/Blm can not sleep. Silence + Gravity kite with pld till Bard sleeps *repose works on these as well)

**Be sure to recast silence if it wears off! **

3. Refresh
Please refresh your party members...this goes without say!

4. Keep people alive
While LB has great WHMs, we need your help on backup cures when you're not busy doing other aspects of your job! Be sure to look at other parties and not just your own!

5. Dispel
Try to fully debuff every NM we fight. This helps speed up kills.

6. Enfeebling
This is for all other enfeebles aside from silence and sleep (i.e. paralyze, slow) It is useful to enfeeble mobs when your other duties are taken care of, but don't place this as a priority over sleeps, silences, refreshing your mages, and keeping people alive. An enfeebled mob is no use if there's no one left to attack it.

**NO DOT (This is Dia, Bio, Poison, Frost, Choke, etc).** UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND ARE USING ASSISTS!

I generally cast a Dia 3 on the called mob as often as possible, but when I first started on RDM, I was encouraged to avoid DOTs. It is very easy with Dynamis lag to make an error with this, especially when you are new. If you want to hear some stories, I'll be happy to share.

Do not EVER DOT an avatar. This is highly likely to cause a wipe!

7. Assist the black mages killing statues
*If you have already taken care of the duties outlined in steps 1-6, it is a good idea to help out with nukes!

Sub-Job's:
Rdm/Drk: Stun is a VERY powerful spell for Dynamis. It is the key to beating the Dynamis Lord and COP runs. PLEASE level this sub job, and red mage to 74+ ASAP.

Rdm/Blm: This is the standard subjob for Dynamis. Having extra back up sleepga cast's can be very useful.

** Don't forget, you can use Aspir Wyverns!!!

Rdm/Whm: This is not the best Sub for Dynamis, if we are short on Whm's and doing cities it might be OK, try and sub Black Mage so you can help with sleeps.
Back to top Go down

RDM Dynamis Guide
Page 1 of 1